Sunday, September 19, 2010

Frau Roorkie Ong :)

When our professor, Frau Arroyo, went to Germany for a two week course in Goethe Institute(not sure about the spelling), we had a substitute professor. I'm afraid of her at first because I know she's really fluent in speaking German. She's been in Germany a lot of times, and she even know how to speak other languages. So I'm afraid to speak in class(we all are). But a day or two of being with her, I started to like her. She's great and she's really an energizer. Her style of teaching encourages us, coz she's giving everyone a chance to speak. I think she memorized all our names in just two or three days. She even said that she like our class because we like to take notes. I think her style of writing German words in the blackboard helped us in our recalling of genders, or as she calls it "The Almighty Gender". I learned a lot from her and I'll always remember her. She said that she'll miss our class, and we do miss her too :) it was a great experience with her.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you guys had a great time with Frau Ong. That's right, don't be afraid to speak up. You're in a class with some very outspoken people (which is not a bad thing at all), so you'll have to make yourself heard as well. :)

    ReplyDelete