Friday, August 6, 2010

Self-Assesment: German 10

Just had our finals in German 10 yesterday. Can't imagine we're over in the first part of our course in German. Looking back, I think I've learned a lot. I can now converse using simple sentences, I can answer to certain questions and give directions. Now I'll never be lost in Germany, haha! I'm slowly being used to their numbers, unlike before that I still need to translate the number in English. When it comes to the gender of nouns, I think I'm slowly getting it too. I memorized the nouns with their corresponding gender and I practiced saying the nouns with their gender, their inseparable, haha :) About the articles, I also memorized it. Well memorizing, i think, is my way and it helps me a lot if I memorized the words. My weakness is still in listening. I think I need more practice. At first I really can't understand even a word, but now I'm recognizing phrases, and sometimes I even understand a whole sentence. It's not about understanding every word, but it's to recognize some words and derive the meaning or gist of the whole sentence from this words.

German 10 taught us the basic, how to construct sentences, positioning of verbs, asking directions and questions. My favorite topic is describing our houses, not to mention the drawing part. I find it fun to play with the adjectives. German 10 taught me to study everyday, because if I fail to look back on what we've discussed that day, I'll also fail to move on to the next topic. Every topic we tackle is a part of the new topics we're going to have. I'm looking forward to German 11 because I know my knowledge about the German language will be broader in that part. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment