Friday, June 25, 2010

Zahlen

I'm a bit nervous for our math quiz bee this coming Wednesday. I'm used to joining a math quiz bee, but this time it's different. It's a German math quiz bee! German numbers were quite hard because they are so loooong, like when you say 121 in English, it's one hundred twenty one, but in German it's einhunderteinundzwanzig, quite long right? I easily memorized the numbers, but it's recognizing them when it is already being said is the hard part for me. Zwei(2) and Drei(3) were confusing for I could not distinguish the difference when it is already being said. It's better to use Zwo for 2. Well, I think I find it hard because I still need to translate the words in English so I will be able to understand it. I'm still looking for a better way to understand the numbers.

Eins, Zwei, Drei, Vier, Fünf, Sechs, Sieben, Acht, Neun, Zehn!

1 comment: